Air Reaver (SR2)
|Air Reaver (SR2)|
|Soul Reaver 2 wraith blade enhancements|
Raziel with the Air Reaver in Soul Reaver 2
|Introduced in||Soul Reaver 2|
|Obtained at||Air Forge (SR2)|
|Parameters||Activates Air plinths |
Reaver bolts shatter Cracked doors
easier movement in the swamp
Role[edit | edit source]
The Air Reaver was an enhancement for the Wraith Blade. It was the third enhancement discovered by Raziel, found in the Post-Blood Omen era as Raziel investigated the mountains beyond Uschtenheim and Janos Audron's Retreat and uncovered the Air Forge. Solving the puzzle of the forge, Raziel was able to imbue the Wraith blade with elemental Air, creating the Air Reaver.[SR2-C6][SR2]
The Air Reaver manifested as a white cored blade with waving white energy. The Air Reaver could be used to activate special Air plinths, providing Raziel with an updraft with which he could ascend by Gliding. Alongside this, Reaver bolts from the Air Reaver could be used to obliterate Cracked doors and allow him passage where they had previously blocked his path. The Air Reaver also had an effect on Raziel's movement, making him lightweight and allowing easier passage through the murky swamp water.[SR2][SR2-C6]. As with other wraith blade enhancements in Soul Reaver 2, the Air Reaver was only temporary and would be lost upon Shifting to the Spectral Realm, but it could be re-imbued at air attuned Reaver fonts[SR2].
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Air Reaver was originally intended to have several other abilities which were intended to be gained from a separate Air Reaver augmentation. The augmentation abilities were ultimately cut from Soul Reaver 2, but would be implemented in Defiance as the Charged attack and Reaver spell of the more permanent Air Reaver.
- Several Soul Reaver 2 promotional wallpapers depict the Pillars of Nosgoth with differing symbol designs than those ultimately used for Soul Reaver 2 and Legacy of Kain: Defiance - among them the Air symbol. It is likely that these were 'placeholder' symbols.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Prima Games / Demian Linn and David Hodgson. Prima's Official Soul Reaver 2 Guide. (2001)
- Weapons: GameFAQs. Soul Reaver 2 FAQ/Walkthrough/Soul Reaver 2|Online (by Celtic Wolf).
- Soul Reaver 2 manual. Crystal Dynamics. (Eidos Interactive). (October 31, 2001) Download.
- Reaver Upgrades at The Lost Worlds (by Ben Lincoln)
- The Pillar Glyphs at The Lost Worlds (by Ben Lincoln)