The Grand Hotel
|Introduced in||Blood Omen 2 (2002)|
|Status||intact (as of post-Blood Omen era)|
|Features||double staircase, fountain, tall building|
In Chapter 1 of Blood Omen 2, Kain was separated from Umah by a Glyph guard and a Ward Gate . Knowing that Kain would have to make his way to Sanctuary in the Lower City, Umah sent for several Cabal contacts to direct Kain through the Smuggler's Den and the Smuggler's Tunnel. Kain met the first of these contacts at the Grand Hotel at the end of the Slums.
The Grand Hotel was a tall building resembling early skyscrapers, it had a large double staircase and a small fountain outside, perhaps indicative of a better standard of living than the rest of the Slums. The hotel was apparently 'protected' by two large gates that may have served to keep the undesirables of the area away[BO2].
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sarafan have brought to Nosgoth. The top of the building is not shown in the video where the hotel is seen, but Kain clearly angles his head as if looking at a very tall building[BO2].
- The Grand Hotel seems oddly out of place sandwiched between the Slums and the Smuggler's Den. It's grand appearance and apparent minor fortifications may mean that, like much of the slums, the Hotel has probably seen better days[BO2].
- It is unknown who the Hotel would cater for, but it's existence may be evidence that travel (through trade or tourism) may have become more popular as technology increased, just as it did in the real world.
References[edit | edit source]
- Umah: "Go to the Grand Hotel, in the Slums. A contact will meet you there – he will tell you where to go." Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- (Stage Directions) After navigating through the Slums, Kain comes to the Grand Hotel and finds a contact of the resistance, Dimitri. He is standing beside a lever to a closed gate. Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- Dimitri: "Wait – tell Umah that I helped you. Please. She promised me the Dark Gift, if I did as she asked. You'll tell her, won't you?"//Kain: "I'm certain Umah will give you all that you deserve."(~Once Kain is gone, the stalker pounces upon the human contact, striking him down, and killing him.~) Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- "Walk under the gate and through the open gate at the other end of the tunnel. A cinema sequence will play, showing Kain meeting up with a human Cabal agent. The spy tells Kain that he is near the Smuggler's Den.//Unbeknownst to the two of them, someone is watching their meeting. Just as Kain leaves, a mysterious figure emerges from the shadows and deals a fatal blow to the Cabal agent." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Blood Omen 2(2002). Page 15. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0