The "hopeless holy war", and "the taming of the humans", as Raziel variously described it, was mentioned in the backstory of Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. An unseen event in Nosgoth's history, this war followed soon after the raising of the lieutenants in the post-Blood Omen era, and represented the beginning of the Soul Reaver era. The conflict lasted less than a hundred years.
The major human kingdoms stood against the rise of Kain's empire, but the lieutenants of the Council continued to build their clans by recruiting human victims. As the empire grew, the vampires decimated their enemies and conquered Nosgoth. Though some scattered resistance was tolerated after the war's end to challenge fledglings, humanity was thoroughly domesticated.
Profile[edit | edit source]
- Category: Events (History)
- Introduced in: N/A
- Preceded by: The raising of the lieutenants
- Followed by: Raziel's execution
- Era: The Soul Reaver era
- Duration: ~100 years
- Factions: Kain's empire (the Council, the Dumahim, the Melchahim, the Rahabim, the Razielim, the Turelim, and the Zephonim) versus the major human kingdoms
- Individuals: Kain (emperor), Raziel, Turel, Dumah, Rahab, Zephon, and Melchiah (lieutenants) versus unknown enemies
- Locations: The Human Citadel, the Pillars of Nosgoth
Role[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver manual (US version). Crystal Dynamics. (Eidos Interactive). (August 16, 1999) Download.
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
[edit | edit source]
The raising of the lieutenants
|Nosgoth's historical events
The holy war
Soul Reaver era