|Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain cut terms|
|No images representing this term are available.|
If you are aware of one, please upload it!
|Introduced in||N/A (cut term)|
- "Taxes are down, spirits are up."
Kronah were a form of currency in Nosgoth, mentioned only in unused dialogue in the NPC recording script for Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain. Since they are not mentioned in the final product nor in successive games, their validity as a term in the Legacy of Kain continuity is uncertain.
Role[edit | edit source]
Kronah were mentioned in three unused or deleted Disguise Form lines with NPC characters from Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, always in the plural. Blacksmiths would make the following offer to Kain if engaged: "I'll shoe your horse for 20 kronah". Wenches would mention "That'll be 50 kronah", or "My charms can be yours for 200 kronah". None of these three lines made it into the finished game, but at least one was recorded.
Though kronah were not identified under this name in Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, it is certain that forms of traditional currency have existed in the Nosgoth setting; prices, payments, taxes and money are mentioned frequently by humans in Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain and Blood Omen 2, and Kain analogized paradoxes to a metaphorical coin landing on its edge in Soul Reaver 2 and Legacy of Kain: Defiance.[BO2-C1][BO2-C4][BO2-C5][BO2-C10][SR2-C2][DEF-C10]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Public knowledge of the kronah's existence in drafts for Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain was not facilitated until February 2012, when The Lost Worlds fan website released digital copies of the game's official NPC recording script in celebration of its tenth anniversary online.
- Kronah seem to have been based on now-outdated real-world currencies - specifically, the English and British crowns (or krönen, in German); other real-world countries (notably in Scandinavia) continue to use currencies derived from the crown (Krona).
- "Kronah" are the only Nosgothic currency thus far mentioned in the texts of the series; however, Blood Omen 2 features the only other hint of a currency in the series, featuring a "Lager/Ale Pricelist" in the Red Raven Pub, which seems to visually depict the symbol used in the real-world for the British pound-sterling currency (£).[BO2-C3]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Blood Omen Scripts at The Lost Worlds (by Ben Lincoln)
- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain deleted dialogue. Silicon Knights. Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain. (Crystal Dynamics). PlayStation. (November 1, 1996)
- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain miscellaneous dialogue. Silicon Knights. Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain. (Crystal Dynamics). PlayStation. (November 1, 1996)