Legacy of Kain Wiki:Nosgoth/Dominate Mind
- "Focus on a target and take over their mind, damaging them and controlling their movement for a few seconds."
- ―Dominate Mind description[src]
- Category: Nosgoth abilities (Deceiver abilities)
- Introduced in: Nosgoth (2014)
- Classification: Special abilities
- Used by: Deceivers
- Obtained from: Armory
- Cost: •300 Legacy of Kain Wiki:Nosgoth/Gold/200 Legacy of Kain Wiki:Nosgoth/Runestones (7 days)
•1500 Gold/1000 Runestones (permanent)
- Appearances: Nosgoth
- Dominate Mind is part of a long line of 'Mind Control' and 'Possession'-style abilities seen throughout the Legacy of Kain series. Blood Omen had Control Mind and Spirit Wrack (abilities fired through a projectile that gave Kain control of Human and Creature characters respectively - similar to Dominate Mind, but unlike the other abilities, these caused damage and were ultimately fatal to those it was used on as the characters souls were displaced). Soul Reaver was originally to have featured a (removed) Possession ability (gained from the similarly removed the Priestess) which would have enabled Raziel to take over even aggressive enemies - a relic of this Possession ability remains in Soul Reaver 2 and can be activated with cheats. Blood Omen 2 featured the projectile-fired Charm which allowed Kain to take control of non-aggressive NPC characters,[BO2-C4] while Defiance allowed Raziel to possess corpses to return to the Material Realm, but was also planned to have included a 'Mind fragment' of the Balance Emblem, which may have entailed a similar power.