Legacy of Kain Wiki:Nosgoth/Lost Seers of Avernus
- Name: The Lost Seers of Avernus
- Classification: Nosgoth Factions
- Introduced in: Legacy of Kain Wiki:Nosgoth/Nosgoth (game) (2014)
- Race: Humans
- Classes: Prophets
The Lost Seers originated in the city of Avernus in the Blood Omen era, as part of a group of religious Cenobites in service to Azimuth, Dimension Guardian and matriarch of the city. When Azimuth descended into madness and summoned Demons to attack the city, the Seers were appalled and fled the city taking with them what treasures they could and avoiding Azimuth's retribution. After the fall of the city, the seers remained hidden, shocked at how easily the Circle of Nine had fallen. Gradually becoming "scavengers and treasure seekers" and inspiring tales of Witches and their coven among the Humans of the era.
Scavenging relics and secrecy became the mainstays of the new organisation of Prophets as they developed into the Post-Blood Omen and Soul Reaver eras biding their time until they could emerge. During their scattered retirement one prophet Roxen inspired by visions developed new ballistic revolver-style weaponry that would eventually become the prophets trademark. Another vision led them to the Blood fountain in Willendorf's abandoned Provincial Mines, where the prophet Malus discovered that drinking the Blood of the fountain would turn it black, making it harmful to Vampires, but this was an unwieldy weapon, so the prophets continued research how it could be utilized properly.
As Kain's empire rose the prophets remained in secret, steadfast that in time they would be able to use the fountains against the new vampire masters of Nosgoth. Eventually, Kain abandoned his empire and this led to the enchantments around other blood fountains weakening and the prophets occupying more of the ancient sites and led the Vampires into a Vampire civil war|civil war. But as the vampires recognized the threat of the resurgent humans, the prophets realized their time was at hand and consumed the black blood of the fountains - leaving them in a state of toxic shock with tainted blood and curses to aid the other humans in the War for Nosgoth.
- The origins of the Prophets mean they are related to the religious groups and Cenobites seen in Avernus, particularly the Fire mages and Black fire mages seen in Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain and the Cenobite acolytes and Cenobite summoners seen in Legacy of Kain: Defiance. They are also related to the Witches and Witches' coven deleted from Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain.
See also[edit source]
- New Human Class - The Prophet, aka The Lost Seers of Avernus at the Nosgoth official blog (by Bill Beacham)
- Blood fountains
- Cenobite acolytes
- Cenobite summoners
- Witches' coven
- War for Nosgoth