Legacy of Kain Wiki:Nosgoth/Sarakiel
Sarakiel was a Razielim clan elder in the early stages of the Vampire civil war preceding the War for Nosgoth in the mid-Soul Reaver era. He was mentioned in the background story of Nosgoth's Fane map.
- name = Legacy_of_Kain_Wiki:Nosgoth/Sarakiel|Sarakiel
- class = Nosgoth unseen character
- introduced = • N/A (unseen character)
- race = • Human (birth)
• Vampire: Soul Reaver era (until death)
- gender = • Male
- birthera = • The Soul Reaver era
- status = Inactive: presumably deceased
- titles = • Razielim elder vampire
• prime custodian of the Eternal Shrine
- affiliation = • Kain's empire
• The Razielim
- realm = • Material Realm
- mentioned =
Sarakiel was an elder of the Razielim clan at the start of the Vampire civil war in the Soul Reaver era. In the early Soul Reaver era during the fall of the Major human kingdoms, he had been a resident of the Razielim underground city and Fane and served as "prime custodian of the Eternal Shrine" - presumably responsible for the feeding of the fledgling vampires of the clan. At the orders of Raziel, he left the Fane for the world above ground.
When the Vampire civil war broke out in the wake of Raziel's execution, Sarakiel recognised the threat to their clan and conspired with fellow elder Lailah to secretly move their pupating siblings the underground city. Following the disappearance of Kain, Sarakiel began to have his doubts on their course of action but was arguably convinced by the fate of Lailah - slain by a force of Dumahim and Zephonim commanded by Jehoel as she led a convoy into the [[Erebus Mountains seeking to re-inhabit the Fane and take up her former role.
As the Razielim became the target of the other clans, the evolved and fully winged Sarakiel took to the skies and abandoned the overrun Razielim clan territory above ground leading a convoy of elders north to the underground city and the fane, but they were soon discovered and assaulted from all sides by their brethren. Deliberately avoiding giving away the position of the underground city, Sarakiel and his followers fled further beyond Dark Eden, but could not find respite and one by one the company perished. Sarakiel's corpse was never recovered.
- Sarakiel (alternatively Sariel and several other variants) is a hebrew name meaning "command of god". Continuing the naming conventions established in Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, "Sariel" is the name of a biblical angel associated with the earth, primordial power or "eternity and tremblimg".
- Nosgoth (mentioned only)
See Also[edit source]