The Main Factory
|Introduced in||Blood Omen 2 (2002)|
|Ownership||Sarafan (post-Blood Omen era)|
|Status||destroyed (as of post-Blood Omen era)|
|Features||several Glyph magic applications including large 'Glyph Boilers', Nexus Stone power chamber|
|Inhabitants||Industrial workers, Sebastian, Mercenaries, Glyph Guards, Sarafan archers|
When Kain rescued Umah at the end of Chapter 5: The Sarafan Keep, she told Kain and Vorador that she had found the Nexus Stone being used in the Main Factory in the Industrial Quarter. Hearing that the Nexus Stone provided its wearer with immunity to the power of the Soul Reaver, Kain set off to investigate the Industrial Quarter and the Main Factory.
In Chapter 6: The Industrial Quarter, Vorador told Kain that he would have to make his way to the Gondola station and travel beyond the Dam to reach the Main factory. Reactivating the Gondola, Kain was able to reach the outside of the heavily guarded Main Factory and gain entry[BO2].
Finding his way through large industrial machinery and Mines, Kain was eventually able to gian entry to the inner sanctum of the Main Factory - The Nexus Stone Chamber, where he found the Nexus Stone connected to a large 'Glyph Boiler' and guarded by Sebastian (a traitor Vampire Kain had met previously in Chapter 3:The Lower City ). After defeating Sebastian Kain was able to rip the Nexus Stone from its moorings, causing a chain reaction which likely destroyed the factory[BO2].
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The destruction of the main factory, seems odd, but is hardly surprising given Kain has blazed a path through the factory (and indeed the whole Industrial Quarter), by overloading and breaking large machinery and causing several explosions (notably using Explosive devices) and 'cave-ins' along the way; the machinery in the Industrial Quarter is shown to be somewhat unreliable and dangerous already[BO2].
- The Main Factory seems from the outside to have a large number of 'Glyph Boilers' along the factory, giving the probable role of these devices in creating Glyph magic, it is possible the role of the main factory is to produce Glyph magic[BO2].
References[edit | edit source]
- Umah: "I was in the heart of the main factory in the Industrial Quarter. Before the guards discovered me, I had found a huge central chamber that housed some kind of magic portal. This portal looked into a…place, the likes of which I had never seen before. And this portal was held open by a single source of magic, a stone set on a pedestal. Vorador, I believe it was the Nexus Stone." Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- Vorador: "So be it. You must use the subway to reach the Industrial Quarter, which lies in the northeastern part of the city. Find your way past the gate that blocks the townspeople from entering, but perhaps we may leave that to your invention. Umah?"//Umah: "Once in the quarter, look for the main factory complex. It is there that the stone is held."//Kain: "I will return with the Nexus Stone, and the Sarafan Lord's head." Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- Vorador: (Whispering)"Were you followed?"//Kain: "Bah. These humans never looked twice in my direction. Little do they realize their future lord walks among them. Now, tell me of this place."//Vorador: "Umah tells me the Nexus Stone will be found in the Main Factory beyond the Dam. There will be a gondola to take you there. If this is deactivated, you must look below for the Glyph to repower it, but be careful of the guards."//Kain: "Have you any further wisdom to dispense?"//Vorador: "I sense the presence of another vampire close by. He may be watching you. I will Whisper you again, when it is needful."//Kain(V/O): "Once again I began to feel the obligations of power, to deal justice fairly to all. One day my people would know me again for their lord. But the vampires who were traitors to their kind would know me first of all." Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- Ojective 2: Activate the Gondola to reach the Main Factory beyond the Dam. "The Nexus Stone is located in the main factory area. You cannot get there on foot. The only access to the main area is via gondola." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Blood Omen 2 (2002). Page 48. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0
- "Hop inside and the gondola will automatically ferry you to the main factory area. Walk through the checkpoint and climb the ladder to the next level. Watch your step: it is a long way down! You'll have to battle an Archer on the narrow ledge to reach the next ladder." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Blood Omen 2 (2002). Page 49. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0
- "It will also blow a hole in the wall leading outside. Walk up the hill into the mine area. A short passage to the right contains a Relic. The passage to the left leads to a door back into the factory, where two guards are talking with a traitorous vampire." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Blood Omen 2 (2002). Page 50. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0
- Vorador: "You are fortunate. One of our vampires saw you thrown from the roof of the factory as it was destroyed. He carried you here. The Sarafan were too occupied to notice you. I see that you have the Nexus Stone." Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.