|Blood Omen 2 NPCs|
A Manservant in the Sarafan Keep
|Introduced in||Blood Omen 2 (2002)|
|Eras||Post-Blood Omen era|
Manservants  were a Non-Player Character in Blood Omen 2 . They were servants of the nobles and Sarafan and were featured exclusively in Chapter 5:The Sarafan Keep. They wore purple top coats and tails with white trousers and had easily recognisable white face paint[BO2].
Notes[edit | edit source]
- One of the Manservants on the balcony level of the main hallways claims to have been descended from a Sarafan Guard .
- debug information labels this NPC class "ksrv"[BO2].
References[edit | edit source]
- (A Sarafan Guard captain approaches a manservant.) Guard Captain: "Finish your work and come up. We’re locking the main stairs."//Manservant: "But I’ve just begun down here. We never lock the main stairs at this time of day."//Guard Captain: "We’ve had word there may be an intruder."//Manservant: "An intruder? Down here? Yes, I’m all finished here, sir." Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- (A female aristocrat approaches a manservant.) Lady: "You there, what’s the matter? I saw guards running down the stairs."//Manservant: "I’ve no idea, my lady."//Lady: "Go and find out! Is it a fire? An attack of some kind?"//Manservant: "Perhaps we should wait until someone comes and tells us."//Lady: "Did you hear me? Do you know who I am?"//Manservant: "My lady, perhaps I should simply escort you to the garrison. Certainly they will be able to tell you there what is the matter."//Lady: "Oh, very well."(They both leave together beyond the boundary of a ward gate.) Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- (A Sarafan knight calls up to a manservant on the balcony above him.) Sarafan Knight: "You, up there! You see anyone pass that you haven’t seen before?"//Manservant: "Not a soul has passed me, sir."//Sarafan Knight: "Keep your eyes open. We may have an intruder."//Manservant: "Yes, sir. You can depend on me, sir. My grandfather was in the Guard, don’t you know, sir. Until he lost his leg. Perhaps you’ve heard the story. Someone closed the gate on him before they knew he was there. But then his officer –"//Sarafan Knight: "Just keep a good watch."//Manservant: "Yes, sir, I will, sir." Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- (Kain is approached by a manservant.) Manservant: "Oh, pardon me, sir. I don’t believe anyone is allowed up here. You see, we believe there may be a vam-pire on the premises. The guards have locked all the doors, and the upstairs lever has been acting a bit spotty. Bloody thing keeps resetting itself. I would just return downstairs." Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.