|Blood Omen 2 unseen character|
|No images of this character are available.|
If you are aware of one, please upload it!
|Introduced in||• N/A (unseen character)|
|Birth era||• The post-Blood Omen era|
|Territories||• The Wharves, Meridian|
|Native realm||• Material Realm|
Plunkett was a human fisherman who presumably worked and resided in the Wharves of Meridian with a sister (and possibly his father). Plunkett left to go fishing with friend Jack"at dawn" the day before Kain's arrival at the Wharves. When the pair did not return, Jack's 'mother' ventured to the waterfront to find that the boat and fishing net were apparently untouched, perhaps suggesting the pair never made it to their boat.
The next day (In Betrayal (chapter)) Kain passed through the Wharves and along the waterfront, where he could encounter Jack's "distraught" 'mother' discussing the whereabouts of Plunkett and Jack with a more "apathetic woman".
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Plunkett is mentioned to have a sister (who hasn't seen him since he left with Jack);he is also referred to as "young plunkett" or "plunkett...the lad", perhaps implying a father (presumably 'Plunkett Sr.') who shares the same name.
- Neither Plunkett nor Jack has their NPC class identified; the women talking about them are Female Peasants, yet fishermen in the Wharves tend to use the Merchant NPC model.
- Though the fate of Jack and Plunkett is unknown, Jack's 'mother's suggestion that the boat and fishing net were untouched (with the net still left in the bow she had tied it in the day before Jack and Plunkett left) may mean that like other NPC's, Jack and Plunkett have been kidnapped and taken to the Hylden City as Slaves.
References[edit | edit source]
- Apathetic Woman: "He drowned then – on a clear day."//Distraught Woman: "He can’t have drowned, I tell you."//Apathetic Woman: "But you found his boat, and no one in it."//Distraught Woman: "He never went out yesterday. That I’ll swear!"//Apathetic Woman: "He went fishing, you said."//Distraught Woman: "He left the house to go fishing with young Plunkett – you know the lad. I went down last eve to see if he was back. His boat was there, but no one’s seen him. Plunkett’s sister hasn’t seen him, either – since he left at dawn to meet my Jack yesterday. "//Apathetic Woman: "Oh, then they both drowned."//Distraught Woman: "They didn’t go out, I tell you. The net was still rolled up in the bow. I rolled that net the day before, and Jack rolls it different from me. Not so tidy, you see – more seaman like. I tell you, they never reached the boat."//Apathetic Woman: "Then what happened to them?"//Distraught Woman: "That’s what I don’t want to know. My Jack, he wouldn’t have minded drowning. His brother was drowned, and his dad. They’d be company for him, see. But these goings on these days – it’s more than I can understand."//Apathetic Woman: "Hush, say no more."//Distraught Woman: "But my Jack...!" Crystal Dynamics. Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002)