|The Shield Guardian|
|Blood Omen 2 Unique Enemy|
The Shield Guardian
|Introduced in||Blood Omen 2 (2002)|
|Race||unknown (possibly Hylden)|
|Aliases||Shield Generator Guardian|
|Eras||Post-Blood Omen era|
|Territories||Shield Generator Room, Hylden City|
|Weapons||fires green projectiles|
|Vulnerabilities||nearby Glyph seals can topple Shield Generator onto the guardian|
The Shield Guardian is a unique enemy (unnamed in-game) that is featured in Blood Omen 2. It is encountered only once, in Chapter 11:The Hylden City, where the guardian appeared to protect the Hylden shield generator.
Like the similar 'the Gunship' (encountered in Chapter 10: the Wharves), the Shield Guardian behaved like an enemy, hovering around the shield generator room and repeatedly shooting at Kain with green projectiles.[BO2] The guardian was invulnerable to usual methods of attack and was only incapacitated when Kain activated four nearby Glyph seals, collapsing the supports of the shield generator, dropping the machine onto the guardian and burying it in rubble.[BO2] With the shield generator destroyed, Vorador and Janos were able to Teleport into the Hylden City.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Neither the 'guardian' or the machinery it guards are named in-game, Prima's Official Blood Omen 2 Guide refers to them as a "Shield generator" and "its guardian".
- The exact nature of the guardian has not been elaborated upon, leaving it somewhat a mystery as to what the guardian actually is. Its appearance bears biological features, though it could equally be entirely technological.
References[edit | edit source]
- Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002).
- "~Looks like you've found the shield generator. Unfortunately, its guardian has found you!~"//"~Quickly select your Telekinesis and use it on the Glyph Seal right in front of you. The glass barrier will protect you from the enemy's shots, but only temporarily. As soon as you've unlocked the seal, run left or right to the next one; it doesn't matter which direction you take.~"//"~Use your Telekinesis on the next Glyph Seal while standing behind the barrier. Continue along the edge of the room until you've unlocked the final two Seals. When the last Seal is broken, the machinery will collapse, destroying the Ward Gate protecting the Hylden Gate.~" Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Blood Omen 2(2002). Page 93. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0
- ~Kain is within the Hylden City and has just shut off a large Ward Generator. He receives a Whisper from Vorador:~ Vorador: (Whispers) "Kain, the Hylden City's defenses have been broached. Janos can no longer sense a Ward barrier."//Kain: "My doing. I have shut down their foul magics, at least for a time."//Vorador: "Then we are ready to help you. Janos is casting a spell that will bring us to you in moments." Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.