Short Axe Icon
|Introduced in||Blood Omen 2 (2002)|
|Classification||Blood Omen 2 weapon|
|Wielded by||Kain |
The Short Axe was a smaller version of the Long Axe with which it shared many of its attacks, The Short Axe was much faster and allowed Kain to be more agile than its larger counterpart, but lacked it's more powerful instant-kill grabs[BO2].
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like many of the weapons in Blood Omen 2, the short axe is unnamed in-game. Player guides generally use length to distinguish the two Axe designs (Long Axe/Short Axe or Great Axe/Small Axe)
- Prima's Blood Omen 2 Guide simply calls the short axe an "axe" (in contrast to calling the long axe a "two-handed axe") .
- In-game debug information calls this weapon "Handax2", perhaps relating to the "Hax" label for the Long Axe[BO2].
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002).
- Best Weapons: Great Ax, Broad Sword "Like the normal weapons these are identical. Same three hit combo, same moves when holding a grabbed enemy. However, with these weapons by pressing up and attack you can behead the enemy. This can be a relief if you don't like long battles. Their are several enemies this can't work with. Of course the non-grabbable spiders and demon spiders but also any enemy with shoulder pads. They are the ones holding these weapons to begin with! So for these guys just go with two weak hits then the throw.". GameFAQS. Blood Omen 2 Strategy Guide (2002)(by Chetflavin).
- Normal Weapons: Spiked Club,Dagger,Long Sword,Sarafan Staff,Cutlass,Dual-Bladed Staff,Small Ax "All these weapons can do three hit combos. When holding a grabbed opponent you can do three weak hits by pressing the attack button, do a heavy attack by pressing up and attack, or throw them a great distance by pressing up and the grab button. I recommend to inflict the most damage is to do two weak hits and finish off with either the heavy attack or throw.". GameFAQS. Blood Omen 2 Strategy Guide (2002)(by Chetflavin).
- "Take the axe if you need it, and venture back out into the main area. If you don't feel like dealing with the Spiders, you can simply float down through the hole in the floor. You'll find yourself in a room full of clocks. Once again, a Warden appears and asks you to leave." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Blood Omen 2(2002). Page 62 onwards. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0 .
- "The armored individual who enters the room is a Sarafan Knight. He's a lot bigger than the guards you've faced, with a devastating two-handed axe weapon. Select Fury from the menu and use it against him after your Rage meter becomes full from blocking his attacks." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Blood Omen 2(2002). Page 37 onwards. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0