Water Reaver (SR1)
|Water Reaver (SR1)|
|Soul Reaver cut equipment|
Raziel with the Water Reaver in Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
|Introduced in||Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (1999)|
|Obtained at||Water Forge (SR1)|
|Parameters||*Stuns with a single strike|
*Finishing move burns enemies with Water
*Reaver bolts burns enemies with water.
(none present in retail version)
Role[edit | edit source]
The Water Reaver was a temporary enhancement for the Wraith Blade associated with elemental Water. It was intended to be discovered by Raziel in the Water Forge, but both the forge and Reaver enhancement were ultimately cut due to time constraints.
The blade would have been a temporary enhancement, lost when entering the Spectral Realm and re-imbued by sources of water (or possibly waterfalls).The blade was intended to be have several special abilities; being able to stun enemies in a single strike, and burn enemies to death with Water in both its finishing strike and Force bolts.
Despite being removed, the blade can be activated in game through the use of the debug menu, revealing it as a pale-blue Wraith blade enhancement (like its successors) - however none of its abilites were present in-game[SR1].
A similar temporary Water Reaver was planned for inclusion in Soul Reaver 2, but also ended up being cut due to time constraints. The Water Reaver would eventually debut in a more permanent form in Legacy of Kain: Defiance[DEF-C8][DEF].
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Water Reaver was intended as a companion to the Water Glyph.
- Another temporary Water Reaver (with an Ancient vampire origin and different special abilities) was intended be gained in Soul Reaver 2 at a more complex puzzle-orientated Water Forge and re-imbued from Water-attuned Reaver fonts (and upgraded with a Water Reaver augmentation); however as in Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, the enhancement was cut due to time constraints. It would be left to Legacy of Kain: Defiance to finally debut the permanent Water Reaver enhancement and its special abilities[DEF-C8][DEF].
Appearances[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Elemental Reavers at The Lost Worlds (by Ben Lincoln)
- The Elemental Reaver Forges at The Lost Worlds (by Ben Lincoln)
- The Debug Menu at The Lost Worlds (by Ben Lincoln)
- Deleted Elemental Reavers at The Lost Worlds (by Ben Lincoln)
- Reaver Upgrades at The Lost Worlds (by Ben Lincoln)
- Deleted Reaver Forges at The Lost Worlds (by Ben Lincoln)