|Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain cut/unseen location|
|No images of this location are available.|
If you are aware of one, please upload it!
|Introduced in||Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (1996 - cut content)|
|Status||• Canonical status in Legacy of Kain continuity disputable|
• Destroyed (Blood Omen era, first timeline)
• Unknown (Blood Omen era, post-first timeline)
- "Then you should beware. The Legions of the Nemesis are on the march from the north, crushing all in their path. Weirstein and the Stahlberg have already fallen, Willendorf will be sure to follow... They must be stopped or all shall be lost..."
- ―Ariel (unused dialogue)[src]
Weirstein was a Nosgoth settlement mentioned only in an unused scene from the Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain official cinematic dialogue script. It did not overtly appear in the game or Nosgoth's maps, and has not been alluded to elsewhere in the series, rendering its status in the Legacy of Kain continuity dubious.
Role[edit | edit source]
Weirstein is mentioned in passing by Ariel in the unused Act 9 cinematic scene of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, apparently scrapped early in the game's production phase. The scene, bookended incompatibly with the finished game's design, was to take place as Kain restored Pillar tokens to the Pillars of Nosgoth between his meeting with Vorador and the conclusion of his journey to Dark Eden. Ariel would counsel Kain of the dangers he faced:
"The Legions of the Nemesis are on the march from the north, crushing all in their path. Weirstein and the Stahlberg have already fallen, Willendorf will be sure to follow... They must be stopped or all shall be lost..."
Although Stahlberg and Willendorf did appear in the finished game, Weirstein was not included. It may have been utterly obliterated by the Legions of the Nemesis, or simply removed from the Nosgoth setting during development.[BO1] In the final product, Ariel mentions that "many cities" fell to the Nemesis, but she does not specify their names. Context implies that Weirstein, if it had been included, was to be situated in the east or north-east of Nosgoth.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In keeping with the use of Germanic portmanteaus in Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain's village and city names, Weirstein literally translates from German to "stone weir" in English. As such, it may have been on or adjacent to a body of water.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (planned to be mentioned, possibly featured)
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Blood Omen Scripts at The Lost Worlds (by Ben Lincoln)
- Ariel: "The Legions of the Nemesis are on the march from the north, crushing all in their path. ‘Twas not too long ago that the Nemesis was known as William the Just, a caring and gentle benefactor of the land. But, as his army grew in strength and he himself grew in power, the veil of tyranny fell and one kingdom was not enough. So many cities, so many dead. Willendorf will be sure to follow. The Nemesis must be stopped or all shall be lost..." Silicon Knights / Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain. (Crystal Dynamics). PlayStation. (November 15, 1996) Transcript.