|Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver cut enemy|
Arnold Ayala's concept art of the wolf-like vampires.
|Introduced in||N/A (cut enemy)|
Background[edit | edit source]
In 2010, Legacy of Kain community member Divine Shadow discovered an online portfolio/blog attributed to Shifter and Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver artist Arnold Ayala. Among the artwork available was an image which had not been publicly released before, depicting a wolf-like vampire. It was explicitly credited as having been created for Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver.
There are no vampires in Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver which explicitly resemble wolves, but Legacy of Kain: Defiance revealed that Turel had devolved to a point where he became quadrupedal, had developed heightened sensitivity to sound, and relied strongly on his heightened sense of smell.[SR1][DEF-C9] In deleted dialogue, Raziel also compared Turel to a "chained dog" (in the retail version, he instead issues this taunt to the Tomb Guardian, one of Turel's descendants). As such, it is plausible that this art was an early concept for the Turelim. Alternatively, it may represent werewolves, which appeared in Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain.[BO1]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Soul Reaver- Art of Female, Wolf and Winged Vampires (Razielim?), Hunters and Demons at the Eidos Forums (by Divine Shadow)
- character concept art << Dogma5150's Blog at Wordpress.com (by Arnold Ayala)
- Prima Games / JDP and Gerald Guess. Prima's Official Legacy of Kain: Defiance Guide. (2003)
- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver deleted dialogue. Crystal Dynamics. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation. (August 16, 1999)
- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver miscellaneous dialogue. Crystal Dynamics. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation. (August 16, 1999)